Wednesday 20 January 2010

Mommy-and-Me Wednesdays

I won't lie. I'm going to 'cheat' every Wednesday on my daily offering and post something that I've not necessarily started or finished that day; but it will most certainly be something currently in-progress.

Every Wednesday I enjoy my long mornings together with Sofia. We start off with her motor-sensory class, then a leisurely lunch with some of the other mums and babies afterward. The rest of the day is spent running/catching up on errands once she's down for a nap. So there's not much time left to get things done in the studio. I think because I absolutely love playing with her so much, I used to feel guilty that I wasn't upstairs working. But now I just feel really grateful and blessed to have this time with her. So sue me.

"poppies" - acrylic on canvas (unfinished)

Anyway, to get back to the point of everything...this piece I'm sharing today is most definitely a work-in-progress. You don't often get to see what an artist does underneath the finished product, so I thought it could be interesting to someone.

Not sure how often I'll do this though (show an underpainting) since I'm regularly unhappy with that layer; which is what propels me to finish it. That being said, when I am happy with the under-layer, I am often afraid to continue for fear of really buggering it up. All I know for sure is that this is not done. So, I'd like to quote one of my favourite movies of 2009 here and just tell myself to "nut up or shut up".

119 more days to complete (still) 22 paintings.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails