Tuesday 27 April 2010

sweeping up the spiderwebs

Wow, I've been horrible at keeping up with this blog as of late. I've honestly been up in the studio painting from about 730 in the morning; straight through til about 4 or 430...without even realizing how quickly the day has passed.

seahorse detail 2 - image transfer from original drawing

I have loads of photos to share now, and I hope it begins to make up for the chaos which led to moving this blog much farther down the priority list. But to clarify, it was just the act of updating the blog that moved down - not the actual "creating something daily", ok? I really am sorry that the cobwebs settled in.

painting in progress

So, here is a photo of a triptych that I began two years ago, along with some detail shots of drawings that I have incorporated in the actual painting. The piece is as of yet, untitled. But it is acrylic & mixed media on canvas; each panel being 2 ft x 3 ft.

seahorse detail 1 - image transfer from original drawing


long jump detail - image transfer


23 days until my self-imposed deadline.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

loving the colors Ces. somehow the seahorse images combined w/ the background and different shades reminds me of Nick Bantock's books. nostalgia and mystery. keep em coming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails